Pages

18 January 2014

Out with the old!


 Whenever I make a tiara that I really don't like, it seems that most other people don't like it much either. The tiara above was an experiment in design for me, but I never really got to liking it much, and after listing it in my shop for something like a year or more, I finally unlisted it, took the watch face off of it, and then tossed it in my box of wire. It sat there for a very long time, and I could not think of what to do with it, but I didn't want to completely disassemble it.

A week ago I went through all my supplies and sorted everything, and I discovered that I had tons of silver colored things. I've made a bunch of what I called Silver Trinket Tiaras, and when I found I had a ton of supplies left to make just such a tiara, I decided to turn my old sunburst tiara above into an awesome silvery winter creation.


I left the red glass flower beads, and they sort of peak out from the silver, as if to ask if winter is over yet. I added a lot of rhinestones to the piece, including a whole row to the bottom of the tiara. The tiara is now a huge, grand Empress piece, rather than the interesting, but somewhat odd, design it once was.

Winter Empress Tiara

No comments:

Post a Comment