Pages

20 October 2017

Jewelry Sets

I absolutely love matching jewelry sets. Every royal family in the past and present have had matching sets of diamonds, pearls, rubies, sapphires, emeralds and more. Not only do I collect jewelry, I obviously make it too, and I LOVE to match all my sets together.

These are some beautifully matching sets (or parures) from my own private collection that I have made over the last 4 years.


A set I made from beautifully jeweled stars from a collection of J.Crew jewelry, consisting of a necklace of 5 large stars, and a bracelet consisting of 7 small stars. I disassembled both, and made matching earrings, brooch, necklace and tiara. Just missing a bracelet and a ring, which are probably my least favorite items of jewelry to wear anyways!


My wedding set! Made from titanium coated quartz crystals and large crystal pink teardrops, this set is made up of a tiara, earrings, necklace, brooch, and a bracelet (I didn't make the bracelet).


This is a set I made for an employee art show at my workplace about a year ago. This is an almost complete set consisting of a tiara, brooch, necklace, ring, and earrings. I had a matching bracelet, but I lost it one day on the bus! I think one of my current art projects is to make a new bracelet that matches the set, and maybe a hair comb as well.


My most recent set, inspired by my visit to Oahu and the Big Island of Hawai'i back in August. The set is made from velvet seeds, pearls, urchin spines, and most amazingly, resin cabochons that contain little treasures of things I found on beaches. This set has tiny detail, and it much more toned down compared to the other sets. No dangly earrings or full tiara here. The set includes a hair comb, button earrings, brooch, necklace, 2 rings, and a bracelet.

1 comment: