Pages

26 June 2014

Steampunk Brass Tiara with Emerald Rhinestones

A beautifully antiqued photo of myself wearing the steampunk tiara masterpiece.

This is the most exciting tiara I've made in a long time. I have made quite a lot of silver tiaras in the past, but never a gold one. The watch parts I've had for a very long time, and I finally wanted to make a tiara from them. Luckily, I had just acquired beautiful antique brass flowers and leaves, and a contemporary golden butterfly that looks nice and vintage. There are some other found items stuck in there, also. The finished piece is old, regal, vintage, and super Steampunk awesomeness!

Victorian Steampunk Tiara

Green glass rhinestones finish off the piece, adding a subtle amount of sparkle.

Clock cogs and springs mix with vintage brass findings, and a heart that was from a contemporary piece of broken costume jewelry.


No comments:

Post a Comment