Pages

22 November 2011

Second Black Swan Tiara

 This was another Black Swan-inspired tiara that I made with vintage rhinestone and beaded earclips. This one sold rather quickly, as it seems that everyone dressed up as the Black Swan for Halloween! I take commissions for items, and indeed the first black tiara I made had been commissioned by someone who needed it for their Halloween Costume. I was given the vintage earrings by my sister, and I love how bright they are and how they sparkle. I think I will have to make a trip to some yard sales and vintage/second hand shops to find more costume jewelry, as my stock is starting to dwindle, and I rather enjoy the touch of glamour they seem to add to handmade tiaras.
I have discovered that black wire is my favorite medium to use when making tiaras and crowns. It has a nice, non-shiny matte finish, so that when I suspend beads from it, make a frame out of it, or whatever, the black wire has a tendency to not show up against hair, making it appear as if the rhinestones and beads are floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment